SEATTLE, Wash — LizardTech®, a division of Celartem Inc. and a leading provider of software solutions for managing and distributing geospatial content, is exhibiting in Booth #3 at the International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) 2011 this week.
“We’re excited for this week’s ILMF show where we will showcase our latest innovation in compressing LiDAR files, LiDAR Compressor® software,” said Jon Skiffington, director of product management. “LiDAR files compressed to MrSID® format are easily managed resources from which derivatives can be extracted over and over again.”
In addition, LizardTech’s Michael S. Rosen, will be presenting during the “Basics to LiDAR” workshop. The workshop, titled “LiDAR Distribution: Challenges and Solutions,” is on Wednesday, Feb. 9 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. With the increasing use of LiDAR comes a corresponding increase in the frustration of geospatial professionals who need to work with point cloud data. LiDAR files can get unmanageably large very quickly. This makes the distribution challenge particularly difficult. This presentation will explore the current state of the art approaches to dealing with this problem.
A trial version of LiDAR Compressor is available as a free download on LizardTech’s website.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments