New Management Team Strengthens the Position of LEDAS in the CAD/CAM/CAE Component Technologies Market.
Novosibirsk, Russia: LEDAS Ltd., an independent provider of constraint-based design tools, component technologies, and software development services for the CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM market, today announced the appointment of Dmitry Ushakov as its new chief executive officer. Previously the director of product management, Dr Ushakov replaces co-founder David Levin, who continues as chairman of the board to concentrate on expanding and optimizing the business of the LEDAS group of companies.
LEDAS Ltd. also announced the appointment of Alexey Ershov, previously the Director of R&D, as the new chief technology officer. In his new role, Dr Ershov will oversee all of LEDAS’ technologies, and will drive the technical direction of the company.
“LEDAS has the unique opportunity to become the #1 provider of intelligent direct modeling technology, which serves as the basis of the next generation of CAD programs,” said Dr Levin. “Our primary goal is to leverage our goodwill to strengthen our position in the CAD/CAM/CAE component technologies market, and to bring our innovative technologies to end users in partnership with the leading developers of engineering software. With their skill, experience, ideas, and enthusiasm, Dr Ushakov and Dr Ershov will drive the LEDAS business to new achievements.”
Dmitry Ushakov, 39, was hired by LEDAS in 1999 as a lead programmer, then became the chief technology officer and director of product management. He initiated and supervised the development of LGS, the LEDAS geometric constraint solver, which defined the LEDAS business model for successive years. Dr Ushakov was visionary in developing new variational direct modeling technology for the next generation of CAD, implemented as a series of Driving Dimensions plug-ins for Google SketchUp and McNeel Rhinoceros 3D modeling software.
Alexey Ershov, 32, also joined LEDAS in 1999 and then quickly progressed through the positions of software developer, manager, and finally director of research and development. He participated in many mathematical software projects, such as theoretical areas of sub-definite computations based on constraint propagation, and practical CAD problems, like part and assembly design, motion simulation, and direct modeling. For several years Dr Ershov has been one of the key developers and managers of science-intensive outsourcing projects for different CAD/CAM vendors.
At the same time, LEDAS made other appointments to its management team.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012