Jaguar Land Rover to deploy Version 6 (V6) of Dassault Systèmes platform.
Velizy, France — Jaguar Land Rover and Dassault Systèmes have today entered a strategic partnership that formalises future cooperation and collaboration between the two companies.
The agreement, signed by Dassault Systèmes President and CEO Bernard Charlès and Jaguar Land Rover CEO Dr. Ralf Speth, will see advanced digital 3D simulation and development tools transform Jaguar Land Rover’s Product Development processes. The two companies will work together to jointly develop industry-leading product creation solutions.
Jaguar Land Rover will deploy Dassault Systèmes’ V6 solutions for Product Lifecycle Management - the process which drives and controls all vehicle creation processes - to increase operational efficiency and reduce complexity through enhanced innovation and accelerated development capabilities.
Dassault Systèmes was chosen by Jaguar Land Rover as its preferred partner in the PLM field following an 18 month evaluation period that included a full analysis of the PMTI (Process, Method, Tools, Information) environment at Jaguar Land Rover.
In addition to supplying existing system programmes, development engineers from Dassault Systèmesand Jaguar Land Rover will work together on new processes and solutions that will provide the combination of simplification and specialization required to create new generations of premium vehicles. The focus on commonality, innovation and integration will have the dual benefit of significantly increasing efficiencies while reducing cost by a similar margin.
JaguarLand Rover is leveraging the full range of Dassault Systèmes’ V6 solutions from its industry leading brands, including ENOVIA, CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, and 3DVIA PLM 2.0.
Dassault Systèmes President andCEO Bernard Charlès commented: “The signing of this strategic cooperation contract will accelerate and reveal the power of collaborative innovation for intelligent vehicles. Integrating electronics and onboard software has become a critical element of differentiation for a great vehicle experience. PLM 2.0 with V6 can only provide such simplification and elevation to Lifelike PLM with rapid ROI.”
Jaguar Land Rover Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ralf Speth, said: "We look to this association to bring significant technical and commercial benefits to Jaguar Land Rover. Dassault Systèmes will provide the processes and tools we need to more efficiently develop and create vehicles that exceed our customers' expectations in every respect and deliver the highest standards of quality."
Feb 23, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012