Global roll-out aimed at integrating IFFCO’s entire supply chain on a single transportation management platform.
Bangalore: IFFCO, the United Arab Emirates headquartered manufacturer of consumer products, having diversified operations across multiple countries, today announced that it has selected KPIT Cummins to strengthen its supply chain execution using Oracle Transportation Management (OTM). As part of this strategic engagement, KPIT Cummins will build a comprehensive transportation management platform to integrate IFFCO group’s supply chain processes as well as those of its external carriers.
“OTM will be a very critical implementation in IFFCO as we have sharpened our focus on supply chain execution to give us cost and service benefits. This, coupled with the fact that we do not come with any transportation management system usage experience, made it crucial for us to select a partner that not only knows the product well but also understands the transportation space and has experience of working with business teams. KPIT Cummins’ winning team of OTM specialists was therefore an obvious first choice. We look forward to leveraging KPIT Cummins’ expertise to optimize our supply chain, maximize returns on transportation management investments, and propel IFFCO to significant competitive advantage in the markets it operates in,” said Anamitra Roy, Group Director Information Technology, IFFCO
“We are delighted to partner with IFFCO. Having one of the strongest and most experienced teams of OTM specialists across the globe, we are confident we can add significant value towards strengthening IFFCO’s supply chain using our niche skills and proprietary methodology. This implementation will enable IFFCO to manage all its logistics operations globally with one standardized system capability with seamless information flow,” said Pawan Sharma, President & Head, Integrated Enterprise Solutions, KPIT Cummins.
This is one of the largest OTM implementations in the Middle East and will be completed in 14 months. The scope of this multidimensional transformational project includes streamlining of all logistics and transportation - domestic and international - across IFFCO’s entire supply chain from inbound raw and packing materials to finished goods distribution, and will be designed to achieve:
- Integration of IFFCO’s five large business verticals - Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Commodities, Oils and Fats, Frozen Foods and Institutional Services, on a single transportation management platform.
- Uniform deployment of OTM across nine countries - UAE, Pakistan, Malaysia, Tunisia, South Africa, Turkey, Indonesia, China and India.
IFFCO selected KPIT Cummins for its strong pedigree in providing solutions to the manufacturing industry, its capabilities in developing and implementing OTM-based Supply Chain solutions and its extensive experience in global implementation and support.
Feb 1, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting