Hankook Delcam, Delcam’s joint venture company in South Korea, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Star-Korea Co. Ltd. covering technical support and sales cooperation between the two companies. This strategic alliance will benefit customers using Delcam’s PartMaker CAM software to program Star’s Swiss-type CNC machines in the country.
Under the agreement, technical staff from the two companies will cooperate on the development and testing of a comprehensive set of post-processors within PartMaker for Star’s full range of Swiss-type lathes. Going forward, Star-Korea will share product development details with Hankook Delcam so that proven post-processors can be supplied for new Star machines as soon as they are introduced to the Korean market.
Hankook Delcam will provide comprehensive PartMaker training to the staff at Star-Korea. This will allow them to program demonstrations on the machines and to provide even better support to their customers.
The two companies will also cooperate on marketing and sales activities, including exhibitions and open houses.
"This is an important agreement between two companies that have been trusted by their customers to introduce new technology and to strengthen their competitiveness for over 20 years,” commented Chan-Oong Jeong, CEO and President of Hankook Delcam. "Through our continued cooperation, we will develop our technical skills to provide even more value to our customers in the future.”
Ki-Heung Kim, CEO and President of Star-Korea added, "New applications in healthcare, telecommunications and precision instruments have produced a much bigger, and more demanding, market for Swiss-type CNC machines. To meet the requirements of these customers, we need to cooperate with a software company like Hankook Delcam which has such a good reputation for its products and support. Through this agreement, our two companies can expand the potential market for our machines and develop future applications of the technology.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel