Bangalore: EDS Technologies (EDST), a PLM solutions company in India, has announced that the company has entered into a strategic relationship with Mar Baselios College of Engineering, Trivandrum, to set up a finishing school for the students in the pre-final and final years of Mechanical, Production, Automobile and Aerospace engineering.
EDST will also conduct specialized training programmes for students from other institutes and working professionals seeking knowledge and enhancement of their skills. On course completion the students will be awarded certification from EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd and Mar Baselios College of Engineering.
"This initiative focuses on developing long-term relationship with Educational Institutions through in-depth engagements around student and faculty programs and equip them with latest in technology," said Mr. S. Senthil, President, EDS Technologies Pvt Ltd. "The association will strengthen the availability of professionals with right knowledge and skills and bridge the gap between industry requirements and academic excellence," he added.
Taking Industry - Academics relationship to the next level, EDST will lay special emphasis on equipping engineering students and professionals with knowledge and skills that will enhance their value to industry. The Finishing School will focus on providing industry-specific technical training in PLM tools in order to scale up the employability levels of engineering graduates.
PLM offers revolutionary solutions to designing, analyzing, manufacturing, and servicing products while profoundly transforming industrial processes and businesses. The programme includes a curriculum that comprehensively covers the concepts and advanced features of PLM tools that enable conceptual and detailed designing, resulting in state-of- the art knowledge based solutions.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel