PITTSBURGH - ANSYS, Inc has announced that Dr. Ajei S. Gopal, executive vice president, Technology and Development Group at CA Technologies, has been appointed to its Board of Directors. He also will serve as a member of the Board's Audit Committee.
"It's a great pleasure to welcome Ajei to our Board of Directors," said Peter J. Smith, executive chairman of ANSYS. "With his accomplished history in the software and information technology domains, he brings experience and perspective that will be of great value to ANSYS."
At CA Technologies, Gopal is responsible for development of a broad portfolio of IT management and security products and solutions, and oversees a global team of over 4,000 professionals. Before joining CA in 2006, he was executive vice president and chief technology officer for Symantec Corporation, where he earlier also had responsibilities for mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to Symantec, Gopal served as CEO and board member of ReefEdge Networks, Inc., a wireless LAN systems company that he cofounded. He spent several years at IBM, initially at IBM Research and later as chief technology officer of IBM's Pervasive Computing Division. He began his career as a member of the technical staff in the Applied Research Division at Bell Communications Research.
"I am honored to be asked to join the ANSYS Board and share the company's passion for pushing the limits of technology so customers can turn concepts into successful, innovative products," said Gopal. "In a world where technology investments are challenged on a daily basis, ANSYS has a 40-year history of driving proven results for its customers. I am looking forward to working with the Board of Directors and the senior management team."
Gopal is the author of more than twenty issued U.S. patents and numerous publications. He received a bachelor's degree in engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai and a doctorate in computer science from Cornell University.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers