Tolland, CT – Precision Machining Technology Show 2011 will feature the latest in the line of powerful Mastercam machining software. Stop by booth # 1212 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, OH, April 19-21, for a look at the latest release, Mastercam X5, and a preview of the upcoming Mastercam Swiss Expert.
CNC Software has acquired well-respected Swiss machining software SylvieXpert. Developed in Switzerland for Swiss machines by experts in the Jura region of Switzerland where these machines were invented, we’ve been refining and adapting it. We will be previewing the 2011 release of Mastercam Swiss Expert at this show.
The company will be spotlighting the newly released Mastercam X5, including:
- Fast, aggressive, intelligent roughing
Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion. Large, aggressive cuts are followed by fast, smaller up-cuts, safely delivering a fully roughed part faster than ever.
- Smart Hybrid Finishing
Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath. This new toolpath evaluates the model shape and smoothly switches between Constant Z cutting and Constant Scallop machining. The result is a dramatically finer finish with less work.
- Streamlined multiaxis machining
Mastercam’s multiaxis suite has new machining techniques and a new, easy, workflow-oriented interface. Mastercam lets you choose the basic type of work you’re doing using clear illustrations, and then gives you a clear, step-by-step process for defining how you’ll cut the part. Mastercam’s multiaxis machining also includes a new highly specialized interface for smooth, gouge-free engine head porting.
- New Dynamic Milling Techniques
Dynamic milling constantly adjusts the toolpath to ensure the most efficient cut possible and allows use of the entire tool flute length, often eliminating the need for multiple depth cuts. New dynamic milling techniques include Dynamic Rest Mill and Dynamic Contour. Dynamic Rest Mill helps ensure maximum tool efficiency during cleanup routines. Dynamic Contour uses an intelligent, efficient high speed contouring strategy to remove material along walls. It supports multi-passes and can optionally include finishing passes.
Feb 16, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets