ODX/CAT6 reinforces CCE’s commitment to robust CAD interoperability.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan – CCE, a provider of advanced interoperability technology announces the release of its newest Open Data eXchange (ODX) library - ODX/CAT6 - for accessing CATIA Version 6 (V6) data without requiring a CATIA Version 6 license or software. This is a major milestone for the interop industry as ODX/CAT6 is the world’s first API for CATIA V6 independent of Dassault.
“Dassault’s new CATIA V6 technology is based on a brand new data architecture platform that is not compatible with Dassault’s previous generation CATIA V5 software.” said Vinay Wagle, CCE’s VP of Sales & Marketing. “Developing interop technology for a new data platform takes years of trial and error effort. But CCE’s mature software processes and experienced developers has enabled the company to compress the development cycle to months, putting us well ahead of our competitors.” added Vinay.
The first release of ODX/CAT6 provides support for visualization & geometry data and assembly structure. CCE is scheduled to add more advanced functionality in the next few releases to support FT&A and feature information.
ODX is a collection of software development libraries that provide users the ability to read & write native CAD files, without the cost of ownership associated with the respective CAD systems. Applications developed using ODX are completely independent of any form of CAD software or licensing. ODX libraries are very robust and are currently being used by a number of leading MCAD software ISVs worldwide. The libraries, architected using the state-of-the-art technologies and developed in portable C and C++, are easy to implement and are continuously updated to support the latest releases of all major CAD systems.
The file formats currently supported include CATIA V4, CATIA V5, UG/NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Parasolid, JT, 3D PDF, IGES and STEP.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio