ODX/CAT6 reinforces CCE’s commitment to robust CAD interoperability.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan – CCE, a provider of advanced interoperability technology announces the release of its newest Open Data eXchange (ODX) library - ODX/CAT6 - for accessing CATIA Version 6 (V6) data without requiring a CATIA Version 6 license or software. This is a major milestone for the interop industry as ODX/CAT6 is the world’s first API for CATIA V6 independent of Dassault.
“Dassault’s new CATIA V6 technology is based on a brand new data architecture platform that is not compatible with Dassault’s previous generation CATIA V5 software.” said Vinay Wagle, CCE’s VP of Sales & Marketing. “Developing interop technology for a new data platform takes years of trial and error effort. But CCE’s mature software processes and experienced developers has enabled the company to compress the development cycle to months, putting us well ahead of our competitors.” added Vinay.
The first release of ODX/CAT6 provides support for visualization & geometry data and assembly structure. CCE is scheduled to add more advanced functionality in the next few releases to support FT&A and feature information.
ODX is a collection of software development libraries that provide users the ability to read & write native CAD files, without the cost of ownership associated with the respective CAD systems. Applications developed using ODX are completely independent of any form of CAD software or licensing. ODX libraries are very robust and are currently being used by a number of leading MCAD software ISVs worldwide. The libraries, architected using the state-of-the-art technologies and developed in portable C and C++, are easy to implement and are continuously updated to support the latest releases of all major CAD systems.
The file formats currently supported include CATIA V4, CATIA V5, UG/NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Parasolid, JT, 3D PDF, IGES and STEP.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel