Autodesk TinkerBox Now Available on the App Store.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc announced that its new Autodesk TinkerBox App for iPad, a free* game designed to playfully spark teens’ interest in mechanical engineering, is available on the App Store. The app allows players to experience the fun and excitement of invention, while gaining confidence in their ability to excel in engineering.
To solve the challenging mechanical puzzles and physics problems presented in Autodesk TinkerBox, players insert gadgets, assemble components and test their inventions. Completing each challenge inspires players to create more and increasingly complex innovations. The game’s Invent mode enables players to design their own contraptions and share them with friends.
Autodesk is committed to making science more accessible and fun for young people. In November 2010, Autodesk polled more than 1,000 American teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17 about their attitudes toward academic subjects that provide the foundation for a career in engineering**. The survey findings suggest that teens understand the importance of engineering, but are concerned that the subject matter is too difficult:
* More than half of all teens surveyed believe science and technology (54 percent) and engineering and math (53 percent) are important to their careers and future prosperity.
* Students don’t find the subjects boring or nerdy, but rank engineering and math doubly hard compared to other subjects (16 percent vs. 8 percent for English and languages).
“Students need to be given opportunities to experience success with engineering long before they reach colleges and universities,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of Consumer Products at Autodesk. “The Autodesk TinkerBox App shows kids how fun and exciting science and mechanical engineering can be. This game helps combat the idea that science and engineering are ‘too hard,’ while allowing kids to create some pretty amazing inventions.”
In addition to this new app, Autodesk provides free access to its industry-leading 3D design, engineering and entertainment software and accompanying curricula though the Autodesk Education Community as part of its commitment to educating the next generation of designers and engineers.
Pricing and Availability
The Autodesk TinkerBox App is available for free on the App store or at www.itunes.com/appstore. To learn more about Autodesk TinkerBox, visit http://www.tinkerboxnews.com/.
Feb 1, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel