SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — Autodesk, Inc announced updates to AutoCAD WS, a free* web and mobile application that uses cloud computing technology to enable AutoCAD software users to view, edit and share their designs through web browsers and mobile devices. With more than 900,000 downloads, AutoCAD WS now supports viewing, editing and sharing of 2D Autodesk Inventor DWG files. Other improvements include top-requested multi-language support, with the addition of eight new languages, as well as improvements to enhance the mobile experience while working with editing and display tools.
Inventor users who publish their models to DWG files can now upload them to AutoCAD WS to easily share assembly drawings and schematics diagrams for production, presentation or review. Usability updates to the mobile app include support for DWG layouts, a new copy/paste tool and improved markup capabilities.
AutoCAD WS is now available in Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and Italian.
“AutoCAD WS is literally changing the way architects, engineers and designers work,” said Tal Weiss, R&D site manager, Autodesk. “We listen very carefully to our customers about what they would like to see in our updates — such as supporting our global community with additional languages — and strive to make improvements quickly based on their feedback.”
Availability: AutoCAD WS is currently available for free* download on the App Store and at www.autocadws.com.
*Free products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies them.
Feb 24, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012