AutoCAD for Mac available from today for purchase or free 30-day trial.
Sydney, Australia — Autodesk, Inc announced that AutoCAD® for Mac® software is now available for purchase in Australia and New Zealand fromauthorised Autodesk resellers and online retailers. This version of AutoCAD® software, one of the most widely used applications for professional design and engineering, makes powerful AutoCAD features and functionality available to customers who choose to work natively on the Mac. Autodesk is making a free* 30-day trial of AutoCAD® for Mac® available for download and will offer free* educational licenses to students and educators.
AutoCAD® for Mac® has an intuitive interface that will feel familiar to Mac users and takes full advantage of Mac OS X, including graphical browsing of design files with Cover Flow and use of Multi-Touch gestures for pan and zoom on Mac notebooks, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad. With native creation and editing of files in the DWG file format, AutoCAD® for Mac® also supports easy collaboration with suppliers, customers, clients and partners regardless of platform. AutoCAD® for Mac® is also integrated with AutoCAD WS, so users can also upload and manage designs in their online workspace directly from the desktop and easily edit and share those designs through a web browser or Apple iOS devices using the free* AutoCAD WS mobile application.
AutoCAD® for Mac® is also now available for free* to students and educators through the Autodesk Education Community, where more than 25 Autodesk software products are available for download to inspire learning and help prepare students for successful careers. Recognising the popularity of the Mac platform among students, Autodesk is providing AutoCAD® for Mac® so they can build skills by having access to the same software that design professionals use every day.
Students and educators are also eligible to purchase commercial seats of AutoCAD® for Mac® at a substantial discount. For more information and to download the free* education version, visit http://www.autodesk.com/pr-mac4students.
Feb 3, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel