WALTHAM, Mass - Astra Tech, a market leader and innovator in the field of implant dentistry and CAD/CAM abutments, announces a global strategic alliance with 3Shape A/S, the Danish-based provider of 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions.
The first step is the development of a software interface enabling the 3Shape dental scanners to communicate with the Atlantis VAD™ (Virtual Abutment Design) software used for the design and production of patient-specific implant abutments. When developed the interface will make it possible for 3Shape scanner users to quickly and easily transfer digital scan information of patient oral geometry to the Astra Tech Atlantis™ design and manufacturing facilities worldwide. This connectivity reduces costs, eliminates shipping of physical models, and reduces turnaround time.
“The partnership with 3Shape is a strategic business opportunity, which will further strengthen Astra Tech’s position within the area of digital implant dentistry, contribute to a faster market penetration for Atlantis™, and create added value for our customers and their patients,” says Peter Selley, CEO of Sweden-based Astra Tech Group.
“3Shape strives to offer maximum flexibility to its reselling partners and their dental lab customers using 3Shape scanner and software solutions,” says Flemming Thorup, President & CEO at 3Shape. We are very happy that this collaboration between AstraTech and 3Shape will make it possible for many laboratories to benefit from the strength of our respective companies.”
Feb 28, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program