Adoption Clearly Emphasizes Siemens PLM Software’s Automotive Market Leadership and Underscores the Importance of Its Open Strategy.
PLANO, Texas – Siemens PLM Software today announced that Aston Martin is standardizing its global sports car development process using NX™ software for integrated computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) and Teamcenter® software to manage their product and process knowledge. This company-wide commitment will enable Aston Martin to drive productivity improvements, common processes and enhanced global collaboration for product design and development.
The growing sophistication of design and development has forced numerous automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to evaluate the systems currently in place to ensure they are using best-in-class technology. Aston Martin began its extensive and ongoing competitive PLM technology evaluation two years ago. The decision to migrate from its current technology to NX and Teamcenter is critical to its mission of continuing to produce some of the world’s greatest sports cars.
“The automobile industry is undergoing enormous transformation both in terms of technology and business operations. The increasing complexity of vehicles and changing economic conditions are forcing automakers to re-evaluate their existing PLM applications to align with the best available in the market,” said Sanjeev Pal, PLM analyst at IDC Corp.
“Luxury automotive manufacturers like Aston Martin must make their product decisions earlier and more efficiently in today’s marketplace. We are pleased that our technology has been selected for the advanced product planning through detailed engineering processes which are critical to increased productivity,” said Chuck Grindstaff, president and chief technology officer, Siemens PLM Software. “It’s truly a must for OEMs to be able to manage increased sophistication across all systems in a car to ensure quality while reducing time-to-market.”
Aston Martin’s decision to adopt Siemens PLM Software’s technology as the corporate-wide PLM standard highlights the importance of an open PLM environment to enhance innovation and manage increased sophistication. It also demonstrates the scalability of Siemens PLM Software solutions to match the diverse deployment requirements of the full spectrum of automotive OEMs.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio