Veteran Executive of Leading Global Energy Company To Enhance Industry Focus of AspenTech.
BURLINGTON, MA — Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced that Simon Orebi Gann, D.Phil, has been appointed to the company’s board of directors.
Dr. Orebi Gann has more than 30 years of executive management experience in Information Technology, including several years as Executive Committee member and CIO of BP Integrated Supply and Trading. He was also Managing Director of Technology and Business Strategy at the London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange (LIFFE), where he was responsible for the creation and implementation of LIFFE CONNECT, the world’s leading automated trading platform.
“We are very pleased to add Simon Orebi Gann to our Board of Directors. Dr. Orebi Gann’s experience in our largest industry segment and his proven track record in leveraging information management to transform operational efficiencies on the customer side in various industries will be a valuable resource to AspenTech as we continue to execute on our growth and innovation strategy,” said Mark Fusco, President & CEO, Aspen Technology, Inc.
Previously, Dr. Orebi Gann held senior IT executive positions at Marks & Spencer, where he developed and implemented consumer products supply chain systems, established a data centre, and installed the first voice and data communication systems. He has also served on two British government advisory committees, recommending priorities for funding of IT research.
Dr. Orebi Gann currently serves on the board of Next Generation Data Ltd., the builder and operator of the U.K.’s largest data center. He has also served on the board of Mapinfo, a leading provider of Location Intelligence solutions. He holds a BA in Physics, MA (Oxon) and a D.Phil in Physics from Oxford University.
“I am pleased to join the Board of AspenTech, one of the few companies with the vision and leadership to make a step change in performance of the process industries using modern computerized methods. I look forward to being a part of expanded industry leadership as AspenTech continues to develop additional transforming features for its customers, and grows in the years ahead,” said Simon Orebi Gann
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel