HCL to Incorporate Sustainable Product Development on Aras Advanced PLM Platform for Global Enterprises and Supply Chain Partners.
ANDOVER, Mass – Aras®, an enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced that HCL Technologies, a global IT services company, has joined the Aras partner program which provides a wide range of benefits including expert developer resources, strategic account access and worldwide go-to-market.
HCL will combine the Aras enterprise open source PLM solution suite with its Sustainable Product Development practices to provide global customers with advanced PLM solutions that are highly flexible, scalable and secure. Companies of all sizes working to meet the complex requirements for global enterprise PLM solutions, include sustainability, will benefit from the solutions.
HCL will develop several next-generation PLM solutions on the Aras PLM platform including the Green Design Workbench (GDWTM), a proprietary solution framework focused on environmental compliance across the lifecycle including the product design, development, operation and End of Life phases.
“Innovation and Product Development are the twin pillars of HCL’s heritage,” said Sandeep Kishore, EVP and Global Head Sales and Practice-Engineering and R&D Services at HCL Technologies. “Our investment in cutting edge solutions and focus on the environment is further advanced by this partnership.”
HCL is a $3 billion global IT services firm that focuses on transformational outsourcing through an integrated portfolio of services, including software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management, engineering and R&D services, and business process outsourcing. The company has over 70,000 employees in 26 countries around the world providing services to companies in Financial Services, Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, Telecom, Retail & CPG, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Travel, Transportation & Logistics, Automotive, Government, Energy & Utilities.
“These next-generation solutions provide the opportunity for companies to transform corporate processes—through inclusion of cloud-based environmental information and business process outsourcing of product engineering services—all while greening their corporate PLM environment,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “HCL is known as an innovator and we look forward to working together to provide new PLM approaches for sustainability.”
Feb 10, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers