First Apps to Include Algebra, Calculus, and Music Theory, with More to Follow.
Wolfram today announced Wolfram Course Assistant Apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Course Assistants will help students excel in their classes by utilizing the hand-curated data of the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine within an easy-to-use mobile app that contains customized menus for every subject. These apps will allow students to increase their understanding of course material by providing guided menus in which students can enter their specific homework problems and see steps within the results. Algebra, Calculus, and Music Theory Course Assistants are available today, with many more on the way.
"Mobile devices are key to delivering computer-based STEM education," says Conrad Wolfram, Wolfram Strategy Director and Founder of computerbasedmath.org. "These Wolfram course apps are the first bridge between today's curricula and tomorrow's STEM education—customized for today's courses, yet packing calculating power for real-world problems."
Thanks to the depth of knowledge and flexibility of Wolfram|Alpha, the apps allow students to perform subject-specific tasks that involve parameters of their choosing, or to interact with results computed specifically for them. Want to hear a D Major pentatonic scale played out loud? Or plot a function from your algebra textbook? Or see the manual steps to compute an indefinite integral by hand? Course Assistants can do all of this, plus much more, from the convenience of your mobile device. Because many trillions of pieces of data already exist within Wolfram|Alpha, this is just the beginning for Course Assistant Apps.
Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, has been providing solutions in education for over 20 years. Wolfram|Alpha powers mobile applications such as the Wolfram|Alpha App for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android, as well as content for ebooks published by Touch Press, such as The Elements: A Visual Exploration and Solar System for iPad.
Wolfram Algebra and Wolfram Music Theory are available today in the App Store for $1.99. Wolfram Calculus is available today in the App Store for $2.99.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012