Proven 3D CAD search tool for PLM features high-level data access technology.
Berkeley, CA and Edinburgh, Scotland: Tech Soft 3D (TS3D), a provider of component technology to the engineering software industry, and ShapeSpace Ltd, a developer of world-leading search technology for CAD and PLM, announced today that the ShapeSpace Enterprise Solution will feature the advanced data access capabilities of HOOPS® 3D Exchange (HOOPS 3DX) in 2011.
Now integrated with most PLM applications, ShapeSpace Enterprise Solution’s unique 3D Shape Search function locates criteria within complex CAD libraries, be it parts, size, text attributes or shape. HOOPS 3DX supplies ShapeSpace with the geometric attributes of the queried data, even across multiple file formats, for accurate search results that encompass the entire database.
“Engineers rely on ShapeSpace to browse CAD parts in CATIA, NX, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Inventor or JT,” says Andy Sherlock, ShapeSpace CEO. “HOOPS 3D Exchange captures the original structural intent of all of these file formats to ensure our CAD queries are thorough and precise.”
“ShapeSpace Enterprise Solutions is impactful because of its comprehensive search functionality,” says Tech Soft 3D CEO, Ron Fritz. “We’re pleased that HOOPS 3DX is entrusted as the underlying data access technology in a product that maximizes efficiency, reduces cost throughout so much of the PLM market, and increases the communication value of 3D data.”
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel