CONCORD, Mass: Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp is hosting SolidWorks World 2011: Innovation for a better world on January 23-26, 2011.
Today’s social, economic, and environmental challenges demand innovative thinking, and much of it must focus on the products that help people live healthy, satisfying lives. SolidWorks World 2011 will showcase innovations that will help design engineers create products to meet personal and societal needs.
SolidWorks World 2011 is the 13th annual gathering of customers, partners, resellers, and employees of DS SolidWorks, maker of software for design, simulation, data management, technical communications, and sustainability assessment.
Highlights of the event include:
* Networking with more than 4,500 attendees including engineering and design professionals, students, educators, partners, resellers, and DS SolidWorks employees from around the globe. Attendees can also connect online before and during the event.
* Customer stories from industries ranging from aerospace and medical instruments, to consumer electronics and renewable energy.
* More than 200 in-depth training sessions, many of them hands-on, covering topics such as “Creative Solutions to Everyday Problems,” “SolidWorks for Creative Educators,” and “Designing Solar Equipment.”
* Management/executive-oriented training sessions such as “The CAD Manager Survival Guide” and “The 200% Business Process Innovation Challenge: Utilizing SolidWorks Multiple Products for the Equipment Manufacturer.”
* A product showcase with more than 100 new SolidWorks-designed products, such as joint implants, laptop cases, fuel systems, and bicycles.
* The Partner Pavilion featuring more than 100 technology products that work with SolidWorks software to deliver new business benefits.
* The Ultimate CAD Chair from “Let’s Go Design,” DS SolidWorks’ interactive Web series that invites members of the SolidWorks community to submit design ideas to create an actual product.
WHERE: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
200 E Market St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205
SolidWorks has just added Discovery TV’s “Bionic Builders” to its roster of keynote speakers. Hollywood stuntman and amputee Casey Pieretti, and his engineering partner Bill Spracher, build and test outrageous prosthetics that allow their amputee clients to surpass ordinary human ability while attempting to replace a missing part of their lives. Other keynote speakers include the following SolidWorks executives and featured guests:
* Bertrand Sicot, new CEO of DS SolidWorks
* Jeff Ray, executive vice president, geographic operations, Dassault Systèmes
* Bernard Charlès, DS president and CEO
* Jon Hirschtick, DS SolidWorks founder and group executive
* Apollo 13 commander captain James Lovell Jr. and lead flight director Gene Kranz
* A wide range of customers – from early SolidWorks adopters to students just starting out in engineering with award-winning projects
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel