Software will help shorten automotive component and other pattern and model-making lead times.
Cranfield, Bedfordshire – Majenta PLM, the product lifecycle management (PLM) software solutions provider and Europe’s leading Siemens Industry Software business partner, has announced that Alphateq, a specialist in pattern and model-making and body engineering services for the automotive industry, has selected Siemens NX for use in the design and manufacture of a variety of precision engineered products.
Although the precision engineering company already used other 3D CAD software products, it’s decision to implement NX was driven by the increasing complexity of many of its customer’s projects, in which change is a common occurrence, and by the need for closer collaboration with its customers.
“We selected NX because it provides high-end manufacturing capabilities which are tightly integrated with its solid modelling design facilities,” explained Brian Garforth, managing director, Alphateq. “In addition, it will enable us to interact more readily with our customers, especially those in the automotive industry, who use 3D solid modelling-based CAD systems themselves.”
NX will be used by Alphateq for high-end and technically complex projects such as the development of engine cylinder heads and block pattern equipment for the sand casting foundry process. Its use here is expected to result in shorter development lead times, which will benefit both Alphateq and its customers.
“We are delighted that Alphateq has selected NX and we look forward to working with them to help them get the greatest possible benefits from its use,” said Trevor Stapleton, director, Majenta PLM.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program