Columbia, Maryland — Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., in conjunction with Nemetschek Scia and the buildingSMART alliance, will present part two of the AIA continuing education webinar "openBIM - Real Interoperability, Practical Collaboration" on Thursday, January 20 at 2:00 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. GMT.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) interoperability is possible with openBIM—the use of internationally recognized open standards to exchange building information. These open standards include the use of Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) for building geometry and data. IFC is supported by more than 70 international vendors and 110 applications and is used today to create, analyze and distribute building information models. Organizations across the globe are developing IFC-based BIM guidelines for project designs to facilitate the use of data across multiple vendors, applications and end-users.
Presented by Jeffrey W. Ouellette, Assoc. AIA, Project Architect at Nemetschek Vectorworks, this webinar will define openBIM and IFC and explain the advantages of using openBIM workflows and IFC technology. It will also demonstrate a case study in the use of openBIM workflows using architectural, structural and HVAC BIM-authoring applications. Webinar attendees are eligible to receive one American Institute of Architects (AIA) learning unit hour.
"This webinar will take our discussion of the principles of openBIM and IFC to the next level, using the DC Riverside Office Building project as an example," said Ouellette. "This urban commercial development proposal is a demonstration of true interoperability, as it involved the exchange and coordination of important model information between Vectorworks Architect, Scia Engineer and DDS-CAD MEP."
To register for this webinar, visit https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/257444827.
To view part one of this webinar, which was held in November 2010, visit: http://download2CF.nemetschek.net/www_movies/webinars/OpenBIM_Part_I.mov.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel