Blue Ridge Numerics, Inc has announced the CFdesign 2011 Winter Update is available for immediate download through the CFdesign customer portal. This latest update is part of the quarterly release schedule and includes many enhancements including significant solver speed improvement that reduces simulation time by up to half, deeper integration with Siemens NX software and support for Solid Edge ST3, SolidWorks 2011, SpaceClaim 2010 and CATIA, version 5, release 20.
Engineering challenges are growing in size and complexity. These problems can often involve solving large coupled sets of equations depending on the physics being solved. Solving these large set of algebraic equations reliably is extremely complex and, if not done in an optimum manner, can be very time consuming. The CFdesign 2011 winter update features an optimized parallel, iterative matrix solver that interprets and adjusts complex mathematics, on the fly, which results in a two-fold speedup for multi core machines.
“Today’s engineering environment requires large models and multi-scenario design studies to be solved fast with a high degree of accuracy. Engineers are expected to significantly increase productivity and look to CFdesign to help meet this challenge,” explains Derrek Cooper, CFdesign Product Manager. “Automation tools on the front-end are vital to engineering productivity, but it is equally important to continuously harness cutting edge software programming methods and computing environments to drive, accurate solutions so that engineers can confidently do design exploration on the fly and make design studies an organic part of the design process.”
A major release of CFdesign is delivered annually each fall followed by three scheduled quarterly updates, a unique approach in the CAE industry that draws rave reviews from Engineers and managers alike. This consistent development process assures that CFdesign remains compatible and can take advantage of the latest release of each CAD tool, Microsoft Windows, and new hardware advancements.
Jan 10, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel