Farmington Hills, Michigan – Branson Ultrasonics is an industry leader in plastics joining, precision cleaning, ultrasonic processing and ultrasonic metal welding equipment. The automotive division specializes in welding tail lamps, instrument panels, bumpers, manifolds, fuel filters, and numerous valves and sensors; cleaning ABS components, fuel injectors, electronic ignitions, and various precision parts.
Branson receives multiple application inquires a month from customers for their welding applications. A critical first step that determines the success of the project is the correct selection of the welding machine. Branson welding machines are available in varying sizes and application capacity.
Selecting the right machine is not a simple task as it involves having a clear understanding of the part geometry that is to be welded. Usually, customers send Branson data files produced directly from the CAD systems in which they were designed. As, there are numerous CAD systems commonly used in the industry, Branson required a tool that would seamlessly read any CAD format without a license of the CAD system that authored it. Besides the tool would also need to have features to interrogate the part geometry and extract the required information. After, a thorough investigation and benchmarking Branson decided to invest in CCE’s EnSuite software.
Ken Hunter, Branson’s director of non-ultrasonic tooling for North America likes the ability to efficiently quote jobs using EnSuite. “I use the data set retrieved by EnSuite to look at part sizes and angles, which allow me to determine what size machine I will need to use for a job.” said Ken. “We use many other features such as bounding box, cross sectioning and measure. Using EnSuite, I can assemble multiple parts of an assembly from different CAD formats without using a separate CAD license for each format.” added Ken.
Another EnSuite feature Branson finds very useful is its extremely user-friendly interface. This has allowed non-CAD savvy users access to valuable engineering information, thus fostering cross-functional collaboration between sales, estimating and engineering teams.
EnSuite is a CAD independent software package that provides an easy-to-use toolbox for designers and non-designers to view, translate, interrogate and re-purpose multi-CAD data for their functional applications. EnSuite supports all major 3D CAD formats including CATIA V4, CATIA V5, NX, Pro/E, SolidWorks, Parasolid, JT, CGR, STL, Solid Edge, 3D PDF, IGES and STEP.
Jan 11, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012