Virtalis Tribon adaptor VR model showing a virtual pump room of an offshore platformTHE VIRTALIS Development Team has created a Virtual Reality (VR) software adaptor that seamlessly exports data created in AVEVA’s Tribon CAD package into PTC’s DIVISION MockUp and Virtalis’ Visionary Render.
The conduit for this development was Shanghai-based RBD Computer Technology Company, which brings Virtalis technology to Chinese industry and academia. Now Virtalis, RBD, AVEVA and PTC are working together to bring the solution to market – the Virtalis Tribon Adaptor.
Jacky Zheng, RBD’s sales and marketing manager, commented:”Shipbuilding is big business in China and within this sector VR is too. Most companies have their own VR facilities and the two most commonly used software packages are Tribon and MockUp. However, we identified that moving data between these packages was no simple matter. Everyone seemed to have the same headache. Thankfully, we discussed this with Virtalis technical director, Andrew Connell, last year and he and his team have created the ultimate solution to this previously intractable problem.”
Virtalis Tribon adaptor VR model showing a virtual pump room of an offshore platformVirtalis’ latest breakthrough allows models created in Tribon to be easily translated into PTC’s DIVISION MockUp without any loss of data or formatting. Similarly, the Virtual Reality (VR) models can move in the opposite direction and be translated into Tribon. Virtalis’ Tribon Adaptor is an advance that will enable fast creation of high visual quality content for VR installations across the world so that design reviews can have better insight and manufacturing processes can be more efficient.
The first Chinese shipbuilder to install the Tribon Adaptor is Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Company Limited, a leading Chinese shipbuilder. They report that, not only is the Tribon Adaptor faster than any other package that purports to do the same thing, the quality of the translated data is unsurpassed, especially in the sphere of pipe data translation.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel