LAS VEGAS — Trimble has announced that it has been selected as a Preferred Industry Partner by Autodesk, Inc., a leader in 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction industries. Recently, Trimble worked with Autodesk to launch the Trimble® Design Link solution, an HVAC and sheet metal authoring tool which leverages the popular AutoCad MEP platform.
The announcement was made today at Autodesk University, Autodesk's annual user conference that hosts more than 640 keynotes, classes, and hands-on labs focused on providing practical solutions utilizing Autodesk's suite of software solutions.
Under the Preferred Industry Partner Program, Trimble will work with Autodesk to develop applications and solutions that complement the Autodesk portfolio for the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industries. Together the two organizations will also collaborate to help customers create, manage and extend design data from the office to the field, helping to reduce time and overall implementation costs. Autodesk works closely with Preferred Industry Partners on a range of marketing and sales activities, and program participants may also receive other benefits, including early access to certain alpha and beta versions of Autodesk software, priority service support and feature requests and access to additional co-marketing resources.
"We are very pleased to have been selected by Autodesk as a Preferred Industry Partner," said Pat Bohle, general manager of Trimble's Building Construction Division. "Trimble is committed to helping Autodesk's customers extend the base functionality found in their solutions to specialized software and hardware applications for the building construction industry."
"We see Trimble helping to lead the industry in providing next generation BIM to Field solutions for the building construction market," said Nicolas Mangon, building business line director, AEC Solutions, Autodesk. "As such, this new partnership will promote a tighter integration between the two organizations' products in the future, providing customers with robust solutions to help them meet their specific needs on the jobsite."
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel