SUNNYVALE, Calif — Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) introduced the SiteFID™ Gas Monitoring solution for the environmental services market. The solution, specifically designed for environmental consultants and landfill operations managers, integrates positioning and mobile computing capabilities coupled with Flame Ionization Detection (FID) gas sensor technology, helping mobile workers to streamline their workflow as well as improve accuracy and compliance while on site.
The integrated surface gas monitoring solution provides consultants and landfill operators with an end-to-end solution. Field samples are recorded with GPS coordinates in real time during the field survey, which can then be transferred from the Trimble SiteFID monitor software on the handheld to back-office compliance applications for further analysis and reporting.
The Trimble SiteFID meets the instrumentation requirements for hydrocarbon detection in the U.S. EPA Method 21 and the proposed Rule 1150.1 requirements for reporting and sampling of Total Organic Carbon such as methane in California.
"The Trimble SiteFID solution offers a completely new and innovative method to collect surface gas samples. In the past consultants and operators had to carry notebooks, maps, plans and the gas sensor to identify and mark trouble points on site. The Trimble SiteFID eliminates the need for paper and plans because the software, handheld and gas sensor are integrated. Our goal is to offer a unique solution to reduce operating expenses, maximize the technician's time, streamline the workflow and most importantly improve compliance reporting," said Elmar Lenz, director of Trimble's Environmental Solutions Business.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel