SUNNYVALE, Calif — Trimble introduced today eCognition version 8.64, an advanced image analysis software suite available for geospatial applications. With the software release, Trimble sets a new standard for native 64-bit object based image analysis—an important technical milestone for the processing of very large image datasets.
Today's production workflows can benefit tremendously from the additional random access memory offered by 64-bit operating systems. Taking advantage of this technological advance, eCognition 8.64 enables users to automatically segment and classify very large datasets, generating billions of image objects without being limited by operating system restrictions. This allows eCognition users to fully benefit from state-of-the-art computer hardware.
"The new software version extends eCognition's production image analysis capabilities by allowing users to effectively analyze today's massive datasets created by multi-sensor technologies," said Ralph Humberg, eCognition business area manager. "Modern sensor systems simultaneously collect billions of image pixels and laser scanning points each minute. Using eCognition 8.64, automatically extracting information from this vast amount of data has become much easier."
Trimble's eCognition software enables organizations involved in earth sciences to quickly extract accurate geo-information from remote sensing data. The software assists data providers, value adders, scientists and end users in integrating earth observation and remote sensing data to generate accurate GIS-ready information. eCognition's intelligent feature extraction capabilities accelerate mapping, change detection and object recognition—delivering standardized and reproducible image analysis results.
eCognition 8.64 software suite is available now through Trimble's eCognition distribution channel. Customers with a valid maintenance contract for eCognition software will receive the upgrade.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel