To use SimXpert to develop rugged, durable and reliable equipment for the European market.
SANTA ANA, CA - MSC.Software Corporation has announced that Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. has chosen SimXpert with MD Nastran for the modeling and analysis of chassis components and forklift truck body frames for customized material handling equipment.
Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. (TIESA), a TICO Group company located in Ancenis, France, providing optimized materials handling solutions, is relying on the wealth of know-how and experience accumulated over many years of operation for the design of a wide range of advanced Toyota brand products. Due to market growth in Europe and the need for equipment design customization for European customers, the engineering department of Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. needed to develop its own competency in CAE modeling and analysis. They want to be able to quickly address specific customer requirements, and to demonstrate local expertise and skills in design and optimization.
"Through MSC.Software's simulation technology, we are able to optimize complex welded body frames by running structural analysis and validating real-world behavior of the forklift before doing any physical prototypes," said Jean-François Ferron, Engineering Manager at Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. "This helps us optimize product durability so we can offer high quality, customized and innovative equipment to our clients."
"We are very proud that Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. has selected our software solutions for advanced modeling and simulation of their materials handling solutions," said Kais Bouchiba, Senior Vice-President EMEA at MSC.Software. "Our solutions meet their mandatory criteria which included CATIA interoperability, ease of use, and affordability. We are convinced that MSC's CAE Solutions will help Toyota Industrial Equipment S.A. design even better and innovative products in a cost effective manner."
Dec 19, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program