BANGALORE: SoftInWay Turbomachinery Solutions Pvt. Ltd., an Indian subsidiary of SoftInWay Inc., has announced its first educational event in India – 5-day intensive training on Axial Turbine Fundamentals and Design and Optimization of Turbomachinery with AxSTREAM 3.0. The course will be held in Bangalore, on January 17-21, 2011, and is organized specifically for Indian engineers and engineering students interested in enhancing their knowledge of flow path design.
This course was prepared by the industry experts from SoftInWay who have over 30 years of experience in designing flow paths and teaching turbomachinery. It features a comprehensive learning scope, encompassing a thorough theoretical overview of axial turbines and numerous practical tasks based on real-life experience and case-studies.
The training consists of two parts, the first part, 2-days on Axial Turbine fundamentals, is meant to improve the design and operation process and includes the basics of thermodynamics, gas dynamics and structural analysis of steam/gas turbines and their elements. The second part, 3-day Workshop on Turbomachinery Design and Optimization with AxSTREAM 3.0, covers the whole procedure of flow path design and optimization, from preliminary design to 3D profiling of the airfoils and 3D FEA/CFD analysis. To ensure that the workshop participants gain a solid practical understanding of the materials learned, the instructors will provide break-out sessions, one-on-one design consultations and review of actual test cases.
The boom in development of the power generation and aerospace sectors in India drives the need for an educated, experienced workforce. Turbomachinery Solutions will provide Indian engineers with the extensive training and software products to achieve technical excellence and succeed in the highly-competitive environment.
Dec 14, 2010
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel