Platform Delivers Nanometer SPICE Accuracy 5x-10x Faster for Mobile Broadcast Receivers.
SANTA CLARA, CA — Berkeley Design Automation, Inc., the nanometer circuit verification leader, today announced that SiPort Inc., a fabless semiconductor company developing single-chip nm CMOS audio/data broadcast receivers, has selected the company’s AFS Platform for block-level characterization, top-level verification, and device noise analysis.
"At SiPort we have been using Analog FastSPICE for the last three years for full-circuit verification of our mixed-signal RF wireless receiver chips," said Aiman Kabakibo, executive VP and founder at SiPort. "We have now deployed the complete Analog FastSPICE Platform because it significantly increases the efficiency of our design teams while delivering nanometer SPICE accuracy and silicon-accurate device noise analysis for our single-chip nm CMOS audio/data broadcast receivers."
The Analog FastSPICE Platform is the industry’s only unified verification platform for nanometer analog, RF, mixed-signal, and custom digital circuits. The AFS Platform combines foundry-certified nm SPICE accuracy, 5x-10x faster single-core performance than any other SPICE circuit simulator, >10M-element capacity, and the industry’s only comprehensive silicon-accurate device noise analysis. The AFS Platform is a single executable that uses advanced algorithms and numerical analysis to rapidly solve the original device equations and full-circuit matrix without any approximations. It includes licenses for AFS Nano SPICE simulation, AFS circuit simulation, AFS Transient Noise Analysis, AFS RF Analysis, and AFS Co-Simulation.
"We are delighted with the SiPort deployment of the Analog FastSPICE Platform across their wireless receiver verification flow," said Ravi Subramanian, president and CEO of Berkeley Design Automation. "Delivering high-performance, low power, nm CMOS audio/data broadcast receivers for mobile devices is a tremendous challenge. SiPort's adoption of the AFS Platform reinforces the fact that today’s leading wireless platform suppliers select Berkeley Design Automation as an essential partner in the design of their analog and RF semiconductor products."
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012