Prime Focus, one of the world’s largest visual entertainment services groups, announces the launch of its new facility in Chandigarh. This is the tenth Prime Focus facility in India, which also operates studios in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Goa and Mumbai.
The 50,000 sq ft, which opens on December 25, 2010, will hold 3000 artists, and be dedicated to working on global projects, utilising Prime Focus’ global digital pipeline which connects India to North America and the UK.
Mr. Merzin Tavaria, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Director (India), commented: “Our new facility in Chandigarh is a major expansion of our View-D™ 2D to stereo 3D conversion capacity. Prime Focus has always wanted to mark its presence in Northern India, considering our existing strong presence in Western and Southern India. Chandigarh is an ideal location due to its huge student population, many of whom are looking to establish a career in animation and VFX.”
Following the success of the newly released The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which Prime Focus converted to 3D for its theatrical release, the company has signed several new international orders and has a full slate of 2D to 3D stereoscopic conversion work for next year. The opening of the Chandigarh facility will allow elements of this work to be handled in Northern India, by a highly trained new team and under the supervision of Prime Focus’ expert team of stereographers.
Prime Focus expects that Chandigarh, and Northern India in general, will benefit immensely from the opening of the new Prime Focus facility, as it will be generating close to 3000 jobs for the local population.
Since its inception in 1995, Prime Focus has contributed and visual effects and post production services for many successful Bollywood projects. From Equipment Rental of film cameras and kit (EQR) to VFX (Visual Effects) to Digital Intermediate (DI), Prime Focus has been a part of mega–starrer and big budget films such as Guzaarish, Anjaana Anjani, Raavan, Housefull, My Name is Khan, Blue and many more. Internationally, Prime Focus has also worked on Hollywood projects such as Avatar, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Resident Evil: Afterlife, The A-Team and numerous others.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel