University Honored for Extensive Use of Building Information Modeling in Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Architectural Engineering Curricula.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc announced that The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) has been awarded an Autodesk BIM Experience Award. The university’s Stuckeman School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture and the Department of Architectural Engineering are being honored for extensive incorporation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in its architecture, landscape architecture and architectural engineering curricula.
The award also recognizes Penn State for promoting academic collaboration among the major building design and construction disciplines, mainly through student participation in interactive BIM design studios. The award notes the school’s use of energy analysis software tools in its BIM classes and studios to encourage sustainable design practices.
“Autodesk Revit software products are Penn State’s primary design integration software,” said Robert Holland, associate professor of architecture and architectural engineering. “Our students rely on the common Revit platform to support their interdisciplinary collaboration efforts. The students also use Autodesk Ecotect Analysis software and the Autodesk Green Building Studio* web-based service extensively during the conceptual phase of their projects to help gain insight on how building orientation, massing and basic systems selection influence the performance of a building.”
The university began integrating Autodesk BIM solutions into its curricula in 2004. The software now serves two colleges and three departments: the Architecture and the Landscape Architecture departments in the College of Arts and Architecture, and the Architectural Engineering department in the College of Engineering. Students in collaborative cross-departmental courses and studios use Autodesk BIM solutions to help develop, explore and analyze building designs, and experience first-hand the benefits of using an approach that includes interdisciplinary project design. In addition to BIM, student preparation includes the exploration of innovative building industry concepts and processes including integrated project delivery (IPD) and digital fabrication.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012