Heerbrugg - Leica Geosystems announces the exclusive distribution of RealityLINx® Model 5.4 - powered by Leica point cloud Engine (pcE) technology. RealityLINx Model 5.4 speeds and simplifies the processing of as-built laser scans into intelligent models that feed into popular 3D plant design software and into INOVx plant asset management software.
Leica pcE makes RealityLINx Model more powerful and better connected
Living up to claims from its October 2009 unveiling, the new Leica pcE foundation has enabled third party software developer and Leica Geosystems business partner, INOVx, to add more powerful and flexible point cloud capabilities to RealityLINx Model software.
RealityLINx Model v5.4 offers advantages over both (a) prior versions of RealityLINx Model and (b) alternate paths from scans to intelligent models in plant design software via Leica Cyclone or Leica CloudWorx software.
Compared to RealityLINx Model 5.3, with v5.4 users can
- display scan points for >10x as many scanner positions
- speed up display times by >25x for regions of point clouds that include multiple scanner positions
- quickly “clip” or remove undesired scan points near objects of interest, even with >40 regions displayed
- eliminate time consuming scan data format conversion and import/export steps
- directly accept modeled data from Leica Cyclone via a Cyclone Object Exchange (COE) utility
- display true color point clouds that look exactly like the real plant object
Adding to paths using Leica Cyclone or Leica CloudWorx, RealityLINx Model 5.4
- expands the number of available intelligent plant objects
- provides additional modeling tools and a plant-specific interface
- automates certain operations, including modeled object file format conversion
- provides more robust translation of intelligence and geometry into more plant design packages
Open Systems, Expanded Reach
A key user benefit of the integration of Leica pcE into RealityLINx Model is open systems freedom on both the front end (full range of scan data formats) of the conversion process and the back end (one-click connectivity of the intelligent model into multiple plant design systems).
In addition to Leica Geosystems’ exclusive distribution of RealityLINx Model 5.4, both INOVx and Leica Geosystems will sell RealityLINx View and RealityLINx Manage products that let plant owners better manage their plant assets based on intelligent models.
“Leica Cyclone and Leica CloudWorx software are already widely used with as-built laser scan data for plant retrofit design & construction, especially for error-free pipe routing and tie-ins. Now, with RealityLINx Model v5.4 based on Leica pcE in our product basket, along with other INOVx products, we can more effectively support the growing use of laser scan data to create accurate, intelligent plant models for plant operations & maintenance and regulatory & safety compliance,” says Chris Thewalt, Direct Scanning Software Business, Leica Geosystems. “Going forward, we expect to see further advances in this area from our partnership with INOVx and the new pcE foundation for RealityLINx Model.”
Pricing & Availability
RealityLINx Model 5.4, powered by Leica pcE technology, is available immediately and exclusively from Leica Geosystems and authorized Leica Geosystems representatives. Pricing is available from Leica Geosystems and authorized representatives.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel