Cambridge, UK: AVEVA, a provider of engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced the release of AVEVA Integrated Shipbuilding, the latest in its series of industry whitepapers. This whitepaper explores how shipyards can optimise the design, procurement and production process through improved information management, shortening schedules, increasing productivity and driving down costs.
Written by AVEVA's team of experienced naval architects and shipbuilding engineers, the whitepaper identifies and analyses a number of key business processes that have a direct impact on the profitability and ultimate success of today's shipyards, including:
* Business capture and sales
* Executive management information
* Planning and control
* Engineering and design
* Procurement and supply chain
* Stock and logistics
* Commissioning and delivery
* The extended shipyard
The paper examines how today's highly globalised shipbuilding projects often struggle with very localised and disconnected information assets. These "silos" of information make it difficult for shipyards to cope profitably and safely with the staggering amounts of data that the shipbuilding process generates.
The paper proposes the "integration" of both process and technology, so that all data can be validated, shared, audited, automated and re-used, across all business requirements. The integrated shipyard can also operate efficiently in a global environment with multiple vendors and subcontractors, dispersed across many different countries.
Bruce Douglas, Senior VP Marketing & Product Strategy at AVEVA, commented: "In these economically challenging times, shipyards are focusing their energies on improving process and information availability, to try and beat the recession. Those yards that can control their information flow throughout the many phases of the project will improve their efficiency and competitiveness, as well as enabling their diversification into related industries, like offshore. We think this new whitepaper will provide shipbuilders with a valuable perspective on the challenges they face in achieving that integrated information flow."
The whitepaper is available for download from AVEVA's website - www.aveva.com/whitepapers
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments