Columbia, Maryland — Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. will be offering a Landmark Boot Camp throughout December and January to help landscape industry professionals get the most out of Vectorworks® Landmark software and learn about industry topics such as sustainable sites and water-efficient landscape design.
Boot Camp events include free continuing education webinars, which allow attendees to earn credits for the American Institute of Architects, Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System and Association of Professional Landscape Designers. These webinars will be led by Eric Gilbey, RLA, ASLA, APLD Assoc., Landscape Industry Specialist at Nemetschek Vectorworks. "We strive to provide not only top-of-the-line software to our customers, but also offer timely and informative educational opportunities," says Gilbey. "The Landmark Boot Camp is a great example of the resources we make available to the landscape industry as a whole."
Other free webinars will feature guest presenters, including Jody Lenes, CLP, Manager of Sales at Include Software®; Ian Cooke, Horticulture Industry Consultant with Monrovia Nursery and Verdant Horticulture; and Tamsin Slatter, Vectorworks Trainer, beta tester and garden design expert from Design Software Solutions, Ltd. in the U.K. Additional resources, such as training classes, tutorials and access to user groups, are also offered.
A partial list of events is below. To learn more about the Landmark Boot Camp and to see all the events offered, visit www.nemetschek.net/landmark/bootcamp.php.
* Meet Vectorworks Landmark: Offered Dec. 7, 13 and 20. This 30-minute webinar will introduce attendees to the world of Vectorworks CAD and BIM software.
* Creating Sustainable Sites Using CAD: Offered Dec. 21. This webinar will help attendees understand each the five areas of focus as proposed by the Sustainable Sites Initiative, learn how purpose-built site analysis tools can make conceptual and preliminary site plans easier and learn how tools such as the multifaceted Landscape Area object can be essential in meeting the expectations of a sustainable site.
* Water-efficient Landscape Design in CAD: Offered Jan. 18. This webinar will teach attendees to create plant palettes based on each plant's water needs, discover how polygons and tags can assist in creating informative hydrozones, understand how customizable spreadsheets become a tool for calculations to determine the amount of water needed, and learn how tools can assist in quantifying non-potable water sources.
* Effectively Managing your Business in Vectorworks with Asset and Censeo: Offered Dec. 14. This one-hour presentation by industry experts Jody Lenes and Eric Gilbey will demonstrate how to use various features of the Vectorworks Landmark software and Include Software's Asset and Censeo to increase efficiency in design/build workflows and create a flexible, cost-effective work environment for the landscape design professional.
* Vectorworks 2011 with Beta Tester Tamsin Slatter: Offered Jan. 4. Eric Gilbey will interview Tamsin Slatter about her favorite Vectorworks Landmark 2011 features.
* Exploring Uses of Monrovia Plant Data in Vectorworks Landmark: Offered Jan. 11. Join industry experts Eric Gilbey and Ian Cooke in this hour-long webinar as they explore the ways Monrovia's plant data and imagery help Vectorworks Landmark users successfully use plants in their design workflows.
* Designing and Selling Decks Using Vectorworks Landmark: Offered Dec. 16. Michael Pacylowski, US Director of Sales and Marketing at Nemetschek Vectorworks, will demonstrate how to use various features of Vectorworks Landmark and VectorDecks, a VectorScript™ based plug-in, to design and sell decks.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program