Tolland, CT –Mastercam X5 Mill offers expanded machining flexibility and an increased emphasis on speed and automation. Smart Hybrid Finishing, new dynamic milling techniques, and ISCAR support combine with dozens of additional new enhancements in a package intended to improve shop floor productivity.
Significant highlights and new functionality in Mastercam X5 Mill:
Smart Hybrid Finishing – Hybrid finishing blends two efficient cutting techniques into a single toolpath. This new toolpath evaluates the model shape and smoothly switches between Constant Z cutting and Constant Scallop machining. The result is a dramatically finer finish with less work.
New surface toolpath – Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion. Large, aggressive cuts are followed by fast, smaller up-cuts, safely delivering a fully roughed part faster than ever.
ISCAR Support – Mastercam includes specific support for ISCAR’s High Efficiency Machining (HEM) tools, ensuring that parts are programmed to get the absolute most out of the cutters. Simply select the appropriate ISCAR cutting tool from the library and the optimum information, feeds, and speed are calculated automatically.
Multiaxis machining – Mastercam X5 improves multiaxis toolpath speed and has new machining techniques and an easy, workflow-oriented interface. Mastercam lets you choose the basic type of work you’re doing using clear illustrations, and then gives you a clear, step-by-step process for defining how you’ll cut the part. It also includes a new highly specialized interface for smooth, gouge-free engine head porting.
Other new enhancements include:
- New Dynamic milling techniques constantly adjust the toolpath to ensure the most efficient cut possible.
- Dynamic contouring uses an efficient high speed contouring strategy to remove material along walls.
- Enhanced Feature Based Machining (FBM) enhancements
- …and many more
Dec 22, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel