Beijing: GstarCAD has announced the release of the significant functions of GstarCAD2011—a group of 3D solid model commands—SOLPROF, SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW. Relying on these commands, designers can quickly and automatically generate plan, elevation and section drawings of a 3D model, enjoying an unprecedentedly new experience.
SOLPROF greatly expands users’ visual effect for real-time operations and practical exercises. As numerous plan, elevation and section drawings of a 3D model are frequently drawn, architects, engineers and designers in the field of architectural and mechanical industries, can place the visible contour profile, invisible contour profile and so on of a 3D model in the different layers and can set different view directions such as front view and plan view in the model space by SOLPROF.
SOLVIEW completely achieves success in transforming all the 3D solid models to 2D engineering drawings. By using SOLVIEW, designers can use orthogonal projection to create new viewports, and automatically generate new layers for visible lines, hidden lines and section lines in the viewport, setting proper view orientation and scale. What’s more, real-time section views of user-defined shear planes of the model are created and filled with patterns, thus realizing the visualization of 3D model section and forming the complete projection views.
SOLDRAW makes designers easily create 3D solid model contour profile and section views. Different from SOLPROF, SOLDRAW is only able to be used in the viewports generated via SOLVIEW.
As a whole, with these three commands, designers can easily reap the benefits of GstarCAD2011 by obtaining the wireframes, 2D engineering views, local views and section views from a 3D solid model, as well as facilitating dimensioning, which dramatically improves drawing efficiency and enhances drawing flexibility and convenience.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel