ATLANTA, GA - IronCAD, LLC, a provider of design productivity solutions, is pleased to announce G Squared Art has won the prestigious GOOD DESIGN™ Award with the wing ceiling fan designed in the IRONCAD design solution. From the high-tech aerospace industries to manufacturers of consumer products designed for the tabletop, hundreds of the world's leading corporations and design offices from 40 nations—from Shanghai to Istanbul—vied in Chicago and New York for the world's oldest and most coveted GOOD DESIGN Award for 2010, which is conferred annually by The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design together with The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
Founded in Chicago in 1950 by architects Eero Saarinen, Charles and Ray Eames, and Edgar Kaufmann, Jr., GOOD DESIGN bestows international recognition upon the world's most prominent designers and manufacturers for advancing new, visionary, and innovative product concepts, invention and originality, and for stretching the envelope beyond what is considered ordinary product and consumer design.
In the Households Division, designer Mark Gajewski from G Squared Art in Avila Beach California designed the Wing Ceiling Fan using IRONCAD. The beauty of simplicity - the fan distilled to its essence. Its sleek sculptural appearance is a serene yet powerful statement.
* Novel approach to the ceiling fan
* Whisper quiet and a powerful air mover, very efficient use of energy
* Breakthrough in ease of assembly with no blades to attach, ready to hang out of the box
* Fans are green! Ceiling fans save energy used in heating and cooling - averaging between 15 to 40% energy savings
“IRONCAD provided me the flexibility and simplicity to design from concept to production of the wing fan” stated Mark Gajewski. “It’s flexibility allowed me to make multiple design modifications to help sculpt the final design. In addition, using the rendering capabilities we were able to convey the realistic design visually to present and market the product prior to manufacturing” he continued.
* Finishes: translucent, silver, white, maple, mahogany
* 52" blade span, 3 speeds with reverse
* Wall control included, hand held remote available
* UL listed with lifetime motor warranty
* Price: $549.95
* Availability: summer 2011
* Version with LED lighting to follow
Order from G Squared Art online at www.g2art.com or by calling toll free 877-858-5333. Also available nationwide from showrooms carrying Minka Aire products.
Designer and Manufacturer
Design: Mark Gajewski. G Squared Art was founded in 1996 in response to a need for good design. Taking a fresh approach to design G Squared Art challenges existing solutions and provides unique alternatives. Our goal is simple: to design and sell the best designs in the world.
The Wing ceiling fan is manufactured by Minka Aire of Corona, CA, phone 909 735 9220.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012