Abaqus FEA Combined with SolidWorks Accelerates Performance Evaluation of Flow Control Products.
VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France - Dassault Systèmes today announced that Flowserve India Controls Pvt Ltd, a division of Flowserve Corporation, a leading manufacturer of flow control products, has selected Abaqus Finite Element Analysis (FEA) from SIMULIA, the DS brand for realistic simulation, as the simulation tool of choice for its Flow Control Engineering Center (FCEC).
Flowserve develops and provides pumps, valves, seals, and services which help move, control, and protect the flow of materials for the water, oil, gas, chemical and other industries. Located in Bangalore, FCEC is the company's global R&D center for the Flow Control Division (FCD) of Flowserve Corporation
The engineering group from FCEC is leveraging Abaqus FEA with SolidWorks to evaluate the durability and safety margins of their flow control products. The design process involves solving complex problems such as thermal stress analysis, stress analysis of thermoplastic materials, and seismic analysis of full valve actuator assemblies. By using realistic simulation from SIMULIA, Flowserve is significantly reducing the time required to solve these engineering challenges and deliver innovative flow control products to their customers.
"The advanced nonlinear capabilities of Abaqus combined with SolidWorks-interoperability make it a valuable asset to our product development process," stated Varadharajen Lakshmanan, director of Business & Product Development for the Oil & Gas sector of FCD, Flowserve. "We look forward to strengthening our partnership with SIMULIA, which will enable our teams to evaluate realistic performance of design configurations even faster."
"We understand the industry pressures on our customers to reduce development time while developing the highest quality products," stated Ken Short, VP, Marketing and Strategy, SIMULIA, Dassault Systémes. "We are committed to developing robust, nonlinear FEA and multiphysics simulation solutions that enable our customers, such as Flowserve, to accelerate the evaluation and development of innovative, safe, and efficient products."
Dec 15, 2010
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012