Troy, MI - FISHER/UNITECH, a product lifecycle management solutions provider serving the Midwest, announced today its acquisition of CADVenture, a SolidWorks 3D CAD reseller headquartered in Ohio. The combined resources of both companies will create the largest, most experienced product design and engineering service and support team in the Midwest. Independently each company is a valued channel leader in the industry, combining forces will ensure discrete manufacturing customers in Ohio, western Pennsylvania and western New York profit from complete lifecycle management capabilities.
"Customer will benefit from the combined scale and strength of this acquisition as they look to complement their SolidWorks implementations across the enterprise," said Charles Hess, president and CEO of FISHER/UNITECH. "With support for applications like simulation, documentation, data management, design automation, electro-mechanical design and rapid technology, customers can further leverage their technology investments."
An immediate customer benefit will be integrated access to online support utilizing FISHER/UNITECH's SupportExpress platform. SupportExpress includes online reporting and tracking of technical support cases, live chat, online bill paying, e-commerce functionality, and a "virtual advisor" for instant remote technical support sessions including data transfer.
Another important customer advantage is access to FISHER/UNITECH's 3DU online education system. 3DU offers customers the option to take SolidWorks courses online via an interactive environment, delivering unparalleled convenience and flexibility. FISHER/UNITECH is the only SolidWorks reseller to offer a learning management system (LMS) that ensures education objectives for each and every student are achieved.
"FISHER/UNITECH is an industry veteran with a strong track record of thousands of successful SolidWorks implementations," said Ken Zebracki, president of CADVenture. "I am confident our customers will appreciate the increased level of service and support from FISHER/UNITECH as a strategic business partner."
CADVenture's business operations in Mentor, Ohio, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, will continue without interruption and become branch offices of FISHER/UNITECH, bringing the total number of training centers in the Midwest to 12. The company will retain two locations in the greater Cleveland area, with locations in both Mentor and Brecksville.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting