"The Google®-like Search Engine for AutoCAD®"
Las Vegas – Docupoint announced at Autodesk University in Vegas the availability of the NEWEST release of DrawingSearcher™ - Version 2011, the “Google®-like Search Engine for AutoCAD®”. DrawingSearcher 2011 is compatible with AutoCAD 2011 and all prior versions of AutoCAD. Also included in the new release are enhanced Administrator Tools, maintaining DrawingSearcher's reputation as an "industrial strength" document management tool.
FREE Thumbdrives -- At Autodesk University in Las Vegas, Docupoint teamed up with the publishers of the Autodesk Partner Solutions Resource Catalog to give away thousands of free USB Flash Drives to AU attendees. Autodesk anticipated 7,000 AU attendees. The thumbdrives are shaped like a door key and attachable to any standard key-chain, allowing AutoCAD users to carry around specific AutoCAD drawings anywhere they go. “It is a nice way to thank our existing and prospective DrawingSearcher clients, with a clever device that reminds users of Docupoint’s focus on improving document management”, said Brad Bishop of Docupoint.
DrawingSearcher provides instant full-text SEARCH throughout all AutoCAD
drawing files … stored anywhere
within an organization’s tens-of or hundreds-of thousands of drawing files
via standard web browsers
“One key feature of DrawingSearcher is that it is web-browser based, allowing ANY user within an organization to search and find AutoCAD drawings. Users do not even need AutoCAD on their computer to search and view AutoCAD drawings”, Bishop continues. “As a true document management tool, it makes it easy for companies and organizations to justify the purchase of DrawingSearcher”.
Originally launched in 1998, DrawingSearcher pioneered the use of full-text search and automatic DWF publishing in a fully integrated, web browser-based Search Engine application. DrawingSearcher is installed on a computer server behind a firewall. Automatically generated preview images then make it easy to identify the drawing(s) of interest from the search results via preview images which open a generated DWF file for viewing. DrawingSearcher’s SmartZoom™ feature allows users to “jump” around inside every drawing to see each instance of the search results, zoomed and centered appropriately. DrawingSearcher is available in two editions:
· Gold -- allows users to SEARCH AutoCAD drawings AND other related documents created on Microsoft Office software including Word/Excel/Powerpoint/etc. and Adobe PDF files and Scanned files stored in TIFF or CALS format, etc.
· Silver -- allows users to SEARCH only AutoCAD drawings.
Built around the Autodesk RealDWG engine, DrawingSearcher protects the user's investment in DWG files by leveraging the core technologies used by AutoCAD. Docupoint customers include such organizations as Belgian Railways, Canadian Broadcasting, Chevron, Citgo Petroleum, Great River Energy, Kraft Foods, Transport Canada, Turner Broadcasting and the US Army.
The DrawingSearcher server application runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP or Windows 2003 Servers. Client computers require Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher) and the free Autodesk Design Review application for collaboration and mark-up.
More information on DrawingSearcher is available from Docupoint's web site at www.docupoint.com, where AutoCAD users are encouraged to experience the power of a modern, web-based approach to drawing collaboration by downloading the free, fully functional, 30-day trial version of DrawingSearcher. Users will quickly be able to install, configure and make initial use of DrawingSearcher on their own AutoCAD drawing files. A fully indexed on-line archive of thousands of drawing files can be expected in just a few hours.
Dec 21, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel