Marcam develops the AutoFab and VisCAM software families.
Delcam has signed a non-legally binding memorandum of understanding with the leading German developer of software for additive manufacturing, Marcam Engineering GmbH. On completion of the legal contracts, Delcam will acquire a minority holding in Marcam.
Marcam develops the AutoFab and VisCAM software families for preparing CADCAM data for additive manufacturing, including verification and repair, design of lightweight structures, support generation, part placement, slicing and hatching to aid processing. The company was founded in 2001 and is located in the technology park at the University of Bremen. Following the anticipated completion of the investment, Delcam and Marcam will actively work together to develop and promote joint solutions for the additive manufacturing market.
"We see mutual benefits and synergies in collaborating on sales, development and commercial activities in this exciting area of technology,” explained Delcam’s Chief Executive Clive Martell. "We have developed a high regard for Marcam and its software while working with the company on European research projects and are delighted to be able to invest in this leading supplier to the additive manufacturing market. The company’s technology provides an ideal complement to our existing programs for product development and machining.”
"The use of additive manufacturing is expanding rapidly as the processes are moving from the production of prototypes into the manufacture of functional parts,” added Marcam’s Managing Director, Marcus Joppe. "The investment and co-operation with Delcam will help us to take advantage of this opportunity to expand our business both within Germany and, especially, on an international level.”
Marcam will continue its existing relationships with OEMs and machine builders worldwide, and will continue to use its existing distributor network. In addition, Marcam will work in collaboration with the German Delcam GmbH subsidiary and will receive support from Delcam in identifying additional international distributors.
Dec 6, 2010
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel