Free demonstration versions of the 2010 versions of Delcam’s ArtCAM Express and ArtCAM Insignia artistic CADCAM software are now available.
The CD includes a range of supporting materials, including an image gallery, case-studies and an overview of how to use ArtCAM. There are also six demonstration videos and accompanying tutorials to help prospects learn the software.
These cover 2D and 3D modelling and machining of some simpler designs, nesting of shapes and V-bit carving.
Both these trial versions are save-disabled so prospective users cannot output designs and toolpaths that they have developed. However, six sample ArtCAM models are supplied with the demonstration software. Toolpaths for these models can be created with the full set of machining strategies and output using any of the 180 standard post-processors supplied with ArtCAM. This will allow potential customers to test the software for compatibility with their machines tools before they buy.
Both ArtCAM Express and ArtCAM Insignia are aimed at skilled artisans rather than engineers and require little knowledge of engineering or computing. Indeed, ArtCAM Express is believed to be the easiest to learn and fastest to use engraving and routing software currently available. It offers basic 2D drawing, and 2D and 3D machining functions, and so provides an ideal introduction to computer-based manufacturing for companies in the signmaking, woodworking and engraving industries.
ArtCAM Insignia offers more options for mass-production applications, especially in the woodworking industries. It includes vector-based design, extensive 2D machining and basic 3D machining functionality. It also allows users to import, scale, position and machine 2D and 3D decorations and textures onto their designs, and so to manufacture more distinctive and more attractive products.
Both programs can be downloaded from the www.artcam.com/downloads/index.html web site or obtained on a CD by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel