Delcam CRISPIN has appointed United Shoe Machinery (USM) as its reseller for the Eastern USA for its complete range of software for the design and manufacture of footwear. George Armstead, who has worked at USM for thirty years, will be the main contact for the sale of the software, working closely with both Proof of Concept in Portland, Oregon, which has responsibility for the Western USA region, and Delcam CRISPIN in the UK.
Delcam CRISPIN is the world’s largest supplier of CADCAM software to the footwear industry, with more than 2,000 customers worldwide. It is the only supplier able to provide a complete solution for the design and manufacture of lasts, uppers and soles. The company also supplies specially-adapted systems for the production of orthopaedic footwear and for the design and manufacture of orthotics, plus a range of scanning and cutting equipment.
USM produces a variety of machinery for footwear manufacture in its facility in Haverhill, Massachusetts, and also supplies cutting presses and other supplementary manufacturing machinery sourced from overseas. Over its long history, the company has built up a broad customer base within the USA and a high reputation for its technical expertise, making it well positioned to sell and support the Delcam CRISPIN software.
"We are pleased to have such a respected organisation as USM to represent us in this important market,” commented Graham Vollans, Business Development Manager at Delcam CRISPIN. "While most footwear manufacturing is now undertaken in Asia, many of the leading footwear brands and design centres are still based in the USA. As well as being potential customers for our design software, those organisations have considerable influence over the manufacturing systems used within their supply chain.”
"George Armstead has been the face of USM for its customers for many years, promoting a strong company image and providing unrivalled technical support to the footwear manufacturing base that remains in the USA,” he added. "I am confident that the appointment of USM will strengthen our presence in the Eastern USA and support the global expansion of our footwear business.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012