VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — Dassault Systèmes was informed by Daimler A.G of its decision to select CAD from Siemens.
This decision came as a surprise to Dassault Systèmes as no CATIA V6 evaluation has been performed by Daimler A.G. We were informed by Daimler A.G. that, as CAD application portfolio was not its priority, its decision was based upon CAD integration in its home grown PDM system “Smaragd”. V6 openness to other PDM systems is part of PLM V6R2011x, which was announced yesterday.
On September 20, 2010, Daimler A. G. renewed its CATIA contract with Dassault Systèmes for five years. In addition to CATIA, Daimler A.G. uses the Company’s DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, and 3DVIA brands. At this stage, we have no information as to which CATIA specialized applications would be replaced and which ones will have to remain in use.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel