CSC has launched brand new versions of its steel building design software, Fastrak and concrete building design software, Orion. All supported Fastrak and Orion users will automatically receive the updated versions during December as part of their maintenance contract.
In development for over 12 months the latest Fastrak release offers a huge range of new features and enhancements, such as new wind maps and wind drift deflection reports. Other features include new AISC base plate design, connection resistance checks, automated modelling of 3D space trusses, and Eurocode web opening design checks.
"These exciting releases demonstrate our commitment to Fastrak and Orion, and to supporting the global structural community", comments Mark Roberts, CSC's CEO. "Our clients tell us that Fastrak's ease of use and bi-directional integration with BIM means they can respond more quickly to a variety of project types and delivery methods. This is why we have improved Fastrak's BIM interoperability capability even further, with a new bi-directional link to Tekla Structures and an enhanced link to Revit Structure."
Orion's modelling, design and viewing capabilities have been hugely enhanced to include interactive 3D model generation. New piled raft and eccentric pile cap design are also included in this latest release along with a new Finite Element meshing generator to improve performance.
Clients will benefit from long term deflection calculators, and a new project template and notes feature to enable them to standardise settings and store revision information. To aid rapid load application, CSC has delivered new libraries for lateral pressure, wall and slab loads, alongside a new column confinement (links and ties) control system.
Plus users of Orion can now easily undertake Eurocode concrete design as this latest version of Orion includes full support of EC2 with a range of country specific National Annexes, together with new mandatory automatic sway sensitivity assessment checks. "Increasingly our clients globally are being required to undertake designs to the Eurocodes," continues Roberts, "and this is something which can now be easily accomplished within both Fastrak and Orion."
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel