Creaform has announced the sale of its 1500th Handyscan 3D unit, a MAXscan laser scanner for large parts, to car manufacturer Daimler Automotive Co. of China.
Daimler Automotive will use the MAXscan to quality control sheet metal and passenger compartments, execute gap & flush analysis and check parts. Chinese automaker also expanded its suite of quality control instruments with a HandyPROBE portable optical CMM, which will be used to inspect jigs and fixtures.
President Charles Mony said: "This sale represents a new breakthrough for us in what is now the largest auto market in the world, and it confirms our position of world leader in 3D scanning and optical measurement. We always strive to push off the limits of these technologies, and I think that the release of our new MetraSCAN optical CMM 3D scanner and the award we just received for 2010 AQA Company of the Year are strong proofs of that."
Over the recent years, Creaform's technologies have earned a reputation for reliability, versatility and profitability and are now well-established worldwide-the future definitely looks bright for the Handyscan 3D and HandyPROBE line-ups.
Handyscan 3D 5th anniversary
To celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Handyscan 3D line-up of handheld self-positioning laser scanners, Creaform has shot a brand new promo video.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012