Leading aerospace and defense firm using FiberSIM® software to develop parts for several military aircraft programs.
WALTHAM, Mass., (USA) — VISTAGY, Inc., a provider of industry-specific engineering software and services, today announced that Cobham Antenna Systems, a premier global aerospace and defense firm and strategic business unit of Cobham PLC (FTSE 100: COB), has purchased FiberSIM® software to enhance its processes for engineering composite parts that require precise material orientation control and are produced using advanced manufacturing processes, including automated fiber placement (AFP) and laser guided hand layup.
“We evaluated other options but came to the conclusion that FiberSIM was clearly the more mature software,” said Mike Royle, senior mechanical design engineer for composite technologies at Cobham Antenna Systems. “There’s increased pressure to cut weight and develop more structurally optimized parts on demanding deadlines. FiberSIM does a terrific job of helping us address those concerns as well as fulfilling all of our composite design-to-manufacturing requirements. We like the fact that it is fully integrated in CATIA, is user friendly, and requires less training. This allows us to quickly ramp up for new programs.”
Cobham Antennas is using FiberSIM to design and manufacture a wide range of high performance radomes and composite products for the aerospace and defense industry, including sandwich and rib stiffened structures.
“We’re pleased to be associated with one of the premier aerospace and defense companies in the world,” said Steve Peck, VISTAGY’s director of product and market strategy for aerostructures. “Delivering optimal quality composite parts on time and on budget is Cobham’s primary goal, and we look forward to working with them to meet that objective.”
With more than 60 years experience, Cobham Antenna Systems is a world leader in the design and manufacture of communication systems and navigation antennas for land, air and marine applications. Thousands of innovative multi-band frequency hopping radio, tunable antenna, and filter designs and solutions have been developed for military and civil aircraft, ships, vehicles and fixed installations. Cobham Antenna Systems also produces high performance composite products for the aerospace industry, including radomes and components for US and UK military aircraft, ships and vehicles.
Dec 13, 2010
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel