Novi, MI - Cimatron Technologies Inc., a subsidiary of Cimatron Limited (Nasdaq: CIMT), a provider of integrated CAD/CAM solutions for mold, tool and die makers as well as manufacturers of discrete parts, announced today that the recording of the webinar “Automating the Mold Design Process” is available at online.
In the December 2010 webinar, Dan Branch, manager of technical support at Cimatron Technologies Inc (“CTI”), took participants through the automated mold design process from scratch. The webinar demonstrated how CimatronE’s large selection of automated applicative tools speed up the mold design process while ensuring the user maintains complete control and flexibility.
The webinar started with the import of a non-watertight solid part, demonstrating CimatronE’s ability to start mold design immediately on less-than-perfect parts; even though the system identified gaps in several areas, no time was wasted mending and closing the part.
Participants could see how CimatronE allows users to quickly establish parting directions and parting surfaces, followed by the creation of cooling systems, ejectors, runners, and lifters. The webinar highlighted additional time savings enabled by streamlined integration of supplier catalog parts, as well as the ability to automate the creation of pockets in the surrounding plates.
Finally, after creating the basis for the mold, the webinar showed how the full associativity of CimatronE Mold Design allowed an Engineering Change Order (ECO) to be handled quickly and effectively, including the preview of a new ECO Documentation Tool that allows users to keep track of all changes.
“In today’s market, toolmakers are under pressure to offer high quality products at very competitive prices,” said Ralph Picklo, VP Sales at CTI. “CimatronE helps leading toolmakers to achieve these goals by upgrading the quoting process, shortening overall delivery times and reducing costs, while ensuring high quality design.”
The webinar is available from the website of CTI’s “Tooling Times” newsletter www.toolingtimes.com/mold-design.html
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments