LAS VEGAS - Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) today announced that Ze Kun Chen, a fifth grade student in China, is the youngest person to be certified as an Autodesk 3ds Max Associate. Ze Kun, who is now 10 years old, completed his first 3ds Max software certification when he was just 9 years old. He completed the latest 3ds Max 2010 certification at Autodesk University China, held in Beijing from November 16–17, 2010.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Autodesk 3ds Max modelling, animation, rendering and compositing software. It is used by students and professionals working on games, film and television content, and is also used to visualize architecture and design projects. Ze Kun began learning 3ds Max in order to help his family’s display framing business. He noticed that customers had difficulty understanding 2D drawings of the frames, and realized that 3D visualizations could better communicate design intent.
Ze Kun obtained learning materials and a free student license of 3ds Max through the Autodesk China Student Design Community. He also participated in software training at Jiang Nan College, an Autodesk Authorized Training Center in Shangxi. Ze Kun said, “I like origami, making maps, and playing games. I think 3ds Max is really good because it lets me create exactly what I want to. What I make in the software looks the same as it would in the real world. When I found out I passed the Autodesk 3ds Max certification exams, I was so happy I danced with my father and even went to bed late because of all the excitement.”
Dr. Joe Astroth, Ph.D. and Autodesk Chief Education Officer, said, “On behalf of Autodesk, I congratulate Ze Kun Chen and his family. Ze Kun is an inspiration to designers and animators worldwide. With an inquisitive mind and great dedication, this gifted young boy has achieved 3ds Max Associate status. His sophisticated digital creations demonstrate a talent far beyond his years.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012